Four Solar is the fastest growing solar EPC company in India.
Our customers rate us the ‘best’ for our commitment to deliver the best.
Four Solar started the company with Off Grid Rooftop Solar System solutions and then moved to On Grid Solar System solutions or Grid Connected Rooftop Solar solutions after the approval of Net Metering policy by MNRE, which changed the landscape of rooftop solar in India.
With the advent of Net Metering in India, Grid Connected PV or On Grid Solar systems have been the most sought-after for the following reasons:
- Faster installation.
- Surplus power exported to the grid.
- Less maintenance.
- No batteries, no recurring costs.
Typical diagram of a net meter rooftop solar system
- 35 MW EPC and Consulting Services.
- World’s first EPC company to install and commission award winning Net Zero Farming Gated Community, Hyderabad, Telangana.
- Installed and commissioned rooftop projects in Educational Institutions, Gated Communities, Companies and Industries.
Our Business Models
The two business models that we focus on are CAPEX and OPEX.
- A customer owns the project.
- A customer invests in the project.
- Any savings is customer’s gain and any loss is customer’s liability.
Advantage: This model is sought-after by customers for its proven financial savings.
- A developer owns the project.
- A developer invests in the project, leases the roof and signs a PPA with the roof owner.
- A developer operates the project through an EPC company and hands over the project to the roof owner after the termination of the PPA.
- Any savings is developer’s gain and any loss is developer’s liability.
- Customer is free from liability.
This model is apt for customers who want to reduce electricity bills but not invest. PPA stands for Power Purchase Agreement.
Rooftop Solar Project Process
At Four Solar, we pride ourselves on associating with the very best solar panel manufacturers, world’s leading solar inverter companies and quality-conscious panel-mounting- structure fabricators to deliver faster and effective EPC services.
The process of On Grid Solar or Grid Connected PV project consists of the following steps:
- Feasibility: Our engineers visit your home to do a thorough site survey and suggest the right place for panels placement on the rooftop for optimal generation. They will assess your energy demands based on previous electricity bills and help you evaluate your energy savings options. Shadow analysis is the key during the site survey.
- Design and Engineering: After our site engineers submit their site analysis report, our solar design experts will prepare a design document and energy generation report, with details about the panels layout, inverter location, routing of cables, selection of panels and inverter, number of resources required, number of days required for installation, approximate production of units per year, etc.
- Approvals: Once you approve of our proposal, we work on required paperwork to be submitted to the departments for approvals. You do not have to run errands; we will take care of approvals.
- Procurement and Installation: After we get approvals, we start procuring material and thereafter begin installation work. Our experienced installation team, in consultation with our design and engineering teams, installs and commissions the project successfully.
- Inspection and Commissioning: The electricity department will inspect the site to ensure that all standards are followed before officially allowing the connection of the solar system to the grid. During this stage, Net Meter is installed, and project is considered “commissioned.”
Introduction to Rooftop Solar
A Rooftop Solar or Rooftop PV system is an electricity generation system installed on top of the roof. The major components of the system are:
- Solar Panels
- Solar Inverter
- Panel Mounting Structure
- Electrical Cables
- Array Junction Boxes
- AC Distribution Box
- DC Combiner Box
- Lightening Arrestor
With Grid Connected PV or On Grid Rooftop system, there are two situations:
- Generation is less than the load. In this situation, the Grid supplies power to the load (imported).
- Generation is more than the load. In this situation, the surplus power is exported to the Grid and the electricity bill adjusted.
In both situations, the Net Meter records the Imported Grid Power and Exported Solar Power.
Grid Connected PV or On Grid systems do not function when there is a power outage. When Grid fails, the inverter will switch off automatically as a safety measure to protect electrical line men from electric shocks and deaths.
Grid Connected PV or On Grid inverters can sync with Diesel Generators (DG Set) and help reduce diesel consumption by up to 50%.
On Grid integration with DG Set is critical for several companies or necessary in residential communities, so, one must ensure proper integration of On Grid system with DG Set to avoid failure and protect both inverter and dg set.